Creating a New Application
Once you have registered your Developer Account you can create a new Application in the Procore Developer Portal. The following steps show you how to properly navigate the Developer Portal and successfully create a new Application.
- First, open your browser and navigate to the Developer Portal landing page.
- Click ‘Sign In’ to log in to your Developer Portal account.
- Navigate to the My Apps page and click ‘Create a New App’. The Create New App dialog displays.
- Enter an App Name. This will be the name you use to refer to your application internally within your organization.
- Click Create.
The configuration page for your newly created application comprises a number of sections. Let’s explore those below.
The App Settings section includes the App Name you specified when you first created your application, along with a space to upload a logo for your application if you want.
Once you have completed the development phase of your integration project you may consider submitting your application for publication on the Procore App Marketplace. The following steps outline the process for submitting your application package.
- On each of the tabs in the Marketplace Listing section, enter the information you want to display on the application tile that customers see on the App Marketplace. Refer to App Marketplace Listing Requirements for additional details.
- Click Save Draft. Note that you can return to and update any of the field values at a later time if you wish.
- Once you are satisfied with your settings for the Marketplace Listing, click Submit for Review. You will be notified by email regarding the results of our review. If you have any specific questions you can click Contact Us to reach out to our App Marketplace validation team.
For additional information on submitting your application for review for publication on the Procore App Marketplace, please see the Technical Requirements and Sales and Support Requirements articles. Review the Technology Partners section for general information on the Procore Technology Partner Program.
Once your application is ready for release, you must request Production Credentials in order to access the Procore production environment. These credentials are to be used only in the Procore production environment and may not be used for development purposes. Use the following steps to request Production Credentials for your application.
- Select whether your application is confidential or public depending on your authentication architecture.
- Confidential - Choose this option if your App uses the OAuth 2.0 Authorization Code Grant flow. Confidential Apps store the Client Secret in a safe and secure (i.e., server-side) location and do not expose it to end users. See Choosing an OAuth 2.0 Grant Type and Oauth 2.0 Authorization Code Grant Flow for additional information.
- Client ID - a publicly exposed string used by the Procore API to identify your application, and to build authorization URLs that are presented to your users.
- Client Secret - used to authenticate the identity of your application to the Procore API when your application requests access to a user's Procore account on their bahelf. The Client Secret must be kept private between the application and the API.
The Sandbox Account section displays information about your development sandbox that you can use to build and test your application. Development sandboxes are automatically generated upon App creation and come pre-seeded with test data at the company and project levels. See Sandbox Environments for additional detail on the sandbox generation process.
If you manage a team of developers you can use the Manage Collaborators section to add team members and assign them to admin or developer roles. You can ‘View Permissions Details’ to see which Developer Portal tasks each role is allowed to perform. For example, Admins are allowed to View App Credentials, Manage Users (team members), and Update App Settings, while Developers are only allowed to View App Credentials.
Delete this App
Finally, in the event you need to remove an existing application from your developer profile, you can scroll down to the Delete this App section and click ‘Delete App’.