Development Sandbox Generation
As part of creating an application in the Developer Portal, you can elect to generate a development sandbox to be used specifically with your application. Use the following steps to generate your development sandbox.
- Log in to the Developer Portal and navigate to ‘My Apps’.
- Click the tile for the App that you want to create a sandbox for.
- In the Sandbox Account panel, click ‘Generate Sandbox’. A confirmation dialog displays.
- Click ‘Generate Sandbox’ again to confirm the generation of your sandbox.
It will take approximately 10 to 20 minutes to create your sandbox. You will receive an email notifying you regarding the availability of your sandbox, as well as the URL to set your password in the sandbox environment. Once your sandbox has been successfully generated and your password has been set, you can:
- Follow the Concierge account creation process to fill the sandbox company with seed data.
- Retrieve your client_id and client_secret API keys for your sandbox from the Developer Portal.
- Retrieve an access token and refresh token for use with OAuth authentication.
- Retrieve the URL for your sandbox environment.
- Access your sandbox Company using your Developer Portal login username (email address) and your recently set password.
- Add and modify data in your sandbox environment using the Procore Web UI.
- Make Procore Connect API calls to your sandbox environment.
Sandbox First-Time Access
Note: On your first login attempt to your new sandbox Company you will be prompted to set your password for Procore access. This does not affect your Developer Portal password.
When you access your development sandbox for the first time, you will be guided through the steps described below:
- From the sandbox notification email, click "Take Me to My Sandbox".
- Create and confirm a new password for your sandbox account.
- On the Welcome Screen, click "Get Started". The Personal Profile Details diolog displays.
- Enter your First Name, Last Name, and select a Job Title (default: developer), then click Next.
- In the Contact Details dialog, enter your Email address, your Business Phone number, and optionally enter your Mobile Phone number. Click Next.
- Upload a Profile Picture and click Finish. Or, click Skip Photo to bypass this step.
- In the Company Details dialog, enter your Company Name, select a Company Type, and select the Primary Market Served. Click Next.
- In the Office Details dialog, enter your office Name, Address, City, Country, State, and Zip code. Note that all fields in this dialog are required. Click Next.
- In the Office Contact Info dialog, enter your office Business Phone and optionally enter a FAX Number. Click Next.
- Upload a Company Logo and click Finish. Or, click Skip Logo to bypass this step.
- Enter the estimated number of projects you intend to manage in your sandbox, along with the estimated number of users. Click Next.
- In the Executive Sponser dialog, enter the First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Business Phone for the individual with a vested interest in the success of Procore for your organization. Click Next.
- If you want to indentify your in-house implementation team, click Next and follow the instructions on the screen. Otherwise, click Skip and Add Later to bypass this step.
- Review the Permissions Summary page and click Next. You can also download a PDF of the summary sheet if you like.
- Next, upload your Company Directory. Or, if you are not ready you can elect to upload it later.
- Set up your Cost Codes or choose to use the Procore defauly Cost Codes.
- Finally, retrieve a download link to install the Procore Mobile App (Android or iOS), or skip this step.
Once you have successfully worked through the above steps, you are ready to begin working with your development sandbox. Click "Launch to Activate Tools" to get started!
- Development sandboxes you generate from the Developer Portal cannot be 'refreshed'. You must delete and re-generate the sandbox account if you want to work with a 'clean' environment.