Working with App Metrics
After you have deployed your App to a production environment and make it available on the Procore Marketplace, you can begin accessing metrics for the App directly from within the Developer Portal. Analyzing your App metrics can help you gauge the level of engagement with your customers over time.
Viewing App Engagement Over Time
Use the following steps to view time-based analytics for your App.
- Login to the Developer Portal and navigate to My Apps.
- Click the tile for the App you want to view analytics for. At the top of the 'Manage App' page a graph displays showing 'Marketplace Visits' and 'Company Installations' as described below.
- Marketplace Visits - the number of daily visits to the App's page on the Procore Marketplace.
- Company Installations - the number of times the App was installed for companies in a day.
Viewing an App Engagement Report
Use the following steps to view detailed App metrics.
- Log in to the Developer Portal and navigate to My Apps.
- Click the tile for the App you want to view detailed metrics for.
- Click View Metrics Report. Along with the graph showing 'Marketplace Visits' and 'Company Installations', additional data displays as described below.
- Total Marketplace Visits - the aggregate total of daily visits to the App's page on the Procore Marketplace during the reporting period.
- Total Company Installations - the aggregate total number of company installations of the App during the reporting period.
- Daily Table - a daily breakdown of 'Marketplace Visits' and 'Company Installations' sorted in descending order (latest activity first) during the reporting period. The results are paginated with 25 entries per page.
- Activity - a historical list showing which companies have installed the App, along with the date/time of installation. Company installations meant for demonstration purposes are marked accordingly
Downloading the App Engagement Report in CSV Format
In addition to viewing the App Engagement Report, you can download the data in comma-separated values (CSV) format.
- Log in to the Developer Portal, navigate to My Apps and select your App.
- Click View Metrics Report.
- Click Export CSV. App engagement data for the time period starting from the initial deployment of the App to the current date is downloaded to your local machine.
The CSV file can be subsequently loaded into an application such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets as needed for further filtering and processing.